Joe's Weather Cams :: Local Scott Valley News :: Fort Jones/Etna News
 Print Thread
A Protest Letter to the Cal Fire Special Tax
Joe Kriz
#1 Print Post
Posted on 12/06/12 - 03:03 PM

Site Owner

Photo Album

Below is a letter I am sending to Board of Forestry, Board of Equalization, and Fire Prevention Petitions.

For some reason they seem to be using 30 year old, or older, information on who, or who isn't, in the State Regulated Area (SRA).
You would think they would update their information and do some research before adding these special taxes on some properties that clearly should not be in the SRA.

My property should not be in the SRA.
You seem to be using 30 year old, or older, information.

You have some of my property listed in the SRA and some of my property not in the SRA.
Please see the attached map.

My house and property is not subject to wildfires as my property is surrounded 360º by irrigated farm land.
One side of my property is along N Highway 3 and the other side by West Moffett Creek Road.
On the West Moffett Creek Road Side, I also have West Moffett Creek that runs through my property.
The other two sides bordering my property are my neighbors irrigated farm land.
So I am surrounded by irrigated land, 2 highways, and a creek running through it.

Almost the entire center of Scott Valley is not in the SRA because it is irrigated farm land.
They have N Highway 3 bordering one side of their property and the other side is Eastside Road.
My property is no different from those that are not in the SRA shown in your map there.

Please use up to date information and change my entire property to NOT be in the SRA.
I have no use for Cal Fire as my property will not burn.
I have lived in this area for over 30 years and never needed Cal Fire for any reason.
I could live here another 30 to 60 years and will never need Cal Fire as my place cannot catch on fire due to wildfires or forest fires.

We are already covered by the Fort Jones Fire Department which is located 3 miles away.
We also have a Volunteer Fire Department located right on West Moffett Creek Road which is only 1 1/2 miles away.

Again, please remove me from the SRA and refund my Special Tax.
I do not want, nor do I need, Cal Fire protection.

Joe Kriz

Besides being in the SRA or not, this is a Special Tax put on only on about 800,000 people in the State of California.
It seems clear to me that this is an unjust tax put only on a few of us out of the 38 million people in the state.

I have a lot more to say but this is already getting long enough.
See the Jarvis Fire Tax Protest:
http://firetaxprotest.org

For those of you that own and live on your forested property, then Cal Fire may, or may not, save your home and property if you have a wildfire. It was your right to purchase property with trees on it.
You still have the right and opportunity to protest the Special Tax put on us should you choose to do so.

Edited by Joe Kriz on 12/06/12 - 03:42 PM

Jump to Forum:
Today's Date & Time
May 2, 2024 - 7:55 PM
Random Photo
Evening Light
Will and Gemma

Users Online
Welcome
Tucker
as the newest member

· Guests Online: 1
· Members Online: 0
· Total Members: 323
Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.07 seconds Copyright JoeKriz.com © 1996-2024 1,429,574 unique visits